Saturday, December 20, 2003

Caroling

Today we are going caroling. We have been doing this for several years now. It has always brought a real sense of Christmas for me, but I'm not in the mood. Except to have the chance to go and carol for people other than who is in our families, that's too easy. I'm going to ask my freinds to join me at South Hold Community Center to sing for my Steven's Care Receivers and those straggling in the halls. My Care Recievers are the only married couple in this retirement community. One is afflicted with alzheimers and the other with a very weak heart. Both of whom are wondering why they are still here. How do you respond to that? "Your here for us?" God has his plans. But why is suffering, prolongness, and a sense of uselessness included?

These folks are the oldest Bretheren from our church that I know. He has been a pastor all his life and she a pastors wife. They raised five wonderful children who give of themselves to others in ways I only hope to achieve at least half of in my lifetime. Their children follow the same in a more modern approach. They find themselves all over the world and very verse in other languages in order to be a part of the world peace movement. Man, isn't that awesome! What a gift these two have given their families. What a gift they have given the world! These two loving people put out an amazing amount of peaceful loveing people in our messed up world. and for that I am very grateful. A lifes work in their love for god for all of us to reep from.
~ And all of the good people said......... "AMEN"!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home