Wednesday, December 24, 2003

It's here!

~I love Christmas Eve. It's the only part of Christmas I like. I feel like a kid again, or like a kid should. I want to get lost in that feeling again. Especially with my girls. They are at such a great age, I just need to let myself go and be 11 & 9; and keep it all day. [please snow some more]. The energy in the air is nothing but pure excitement for the story to be retold. The anticipation of carols to be sung at church and candles to be lit in a large circle with those in our congregation. All kinds of people, new people, coming together to celebrate many traditions. Some of the traditon we've been expericening for the past several years have been wonderful ones. But as the years go on they change a bit. Sometimes too much. I'm talking about the traveling from house to house on Christmas Eve. Seeing the people you only see twice a year. Over-scheduled and tired from young ones that were not even born yet . Some have decided to take the slow lane to family Christmas. We were blessed with a Christmas like that once. Sure would like to experience it again.
~Merry Christmas Grace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home