Thursday, December 11, 2003

The Nutcracker today. The whole group will go to support the budding ballet. She actually doesn't have an animal part this year! Interesting how they move up through the ranks. My daughters were proud to get the animal parts in their play. The WAS the big move up. I'm glad it is over with. Not that things are slowing down by any means. I can't stop the movement of this month, even if I wanted to. So I'm putting my head down and plowing through it.
I think we spent too much money again for the Christmas gifts. Why do I want to get them everything they ask for on their list? NO, I didn't get everything. I did some serious cutting and so did my husband. But it still seems like too much. We recieved our tax bill this month. Talk about bad timing. So much for the refinacing and the lower payments, at least for the next year. We are not the only ones who have been slapped with this tax bill. I feel a huge tug at my heart for those already afflected with money issues having to consume this issue so close to an already difficult time of year for them.

My Sunday school class is my salvation when it come to reaching out to the community here and abroad. I have planned a bake/pizza party this Friday with my class. I have 2nd - 5th graders in my class. We have included the junior high, which consist of three kids on a good day. A grand total of 12 if I'm lucky on Friday. Chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cupcakes, yellow cupcakes, brownies and alligator skin made from pie crust, hammered with a meat mallot and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, bake at 350 [2nd grader's recipe]. I had forgotten that the Nutcracker had an evening performance this Saturday night so New years eve jam is out and re-scheduled for Friday night ARRGGGGG! I am doubled booked again! This is what happens when you want to do it all.

~All proceeds benefit the food bank of Northern Indiana~.

The excitement and energy of these kids [two of the mine] keeps me coming back to church. After the first of the year our church is switching the church serivce and the sunday school times. So sunday school is first! Yeah [ there goes my prep time] My husband had mentioned yesterday this switch while one of my daughters's and I were beading. I told him " how nice it will be to leave right after sunday school class and not have to sit through another one of those sermons". Not good. Not in front of the girl. I said it out loud!

My girls can sit through as sermon without a peep. They always have. People at the church were amazed at how well "behaved" they were during the sermons. "What's your secret"? I have none. We have been blessed. But why should they sit through a sermon that not even suited for them? Where's the excitement? Where's the goose bumps? Where's the feeling you could walk out those doors and survive another week and give of yourself to others? It left when Chuck Taylor left.

So I come into church on Sunday knowing I won't stay for the sermon but embrace my kids in Sunday School. What's the harm? There isn't any. These kids are focused on helping the in community. They want hands on. They want to know they are making a difference now.. Fits my personality perfectly.

Our church is so small that one person absent is a big void. I don't think I like that. Too on the edge for me. Like it could all fall apart quickly. So I hold on to my class and hope for the best.

Less is more I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home