Friday, December 05, 2003

Okay. I tried messing with my template. Am I nuts? It's all so confusing. I need to take a class on template reading. Comments would be cool if it works out. YACCS is closed. I guess they are tapped out.

Took one of my daughthers to Elkhart for the Christophers Christmas play. Three shows today! We did get some rain snow mix. not fun to walk in with my berk's. Any school work this week? NOPE! That is the beauty of homeschooling. we can push and alter our daily subject needs. Sometimes I get a ping inside that tells me what the system has drilled into us about weather or not my girls are up to par. Many book and methods on homeschooling. The question is "How relaxed or not so relaxed are you going to be?" What works for you is the answer. My husband is a little bent about the lack of structure in our schooling method. Again , it's just what the system has drilled into us. When things seem too kicked back, he jumps into what you need to be doing everyday thing. "This is what you have to do!" "It's not supposed to be this "relaxed!" I call it unschooling. I am amazed at the amout of patience I have over my husband. I always thought that he was the patient one and I was lacking. Interesting. I am proud of my growth in the last year as far as my patience is concerned. It had always been a thorn in life. I think my biggest complaint is that I have to ask for some time to myself. I need to tell them to go find something else to do so I can do what I want to do. Like this Blog. That doesn't make me a bad person. Just someone who want sometime to her self. My children will be scarred no matter what I do. I don't think there is a child in this world that doesn't have a "This is what my parents did to me" story. Get over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home