Sunday, December 21, 2003

She's ready

This morning we received a prayer chain. My care receiver is dying. I reconized the death rattle last night after caroling outside their room. There is nothing sudden about this way of passing on. I just don't understand that.
This will be my second receiver that will have died in my short career of being a Stevens Minister. What wonderful stories they have shared with me about their marriages, children and church life. By being part of the Steven's program, you gain a wonderful insite of invaluable information about life. Not just a ear for those in need of compainionship. But a need that can be filled by both sides. My need to learn and their need to give us a look into their life experience.

I will think of Grace tonight. As I have all day.

~Good night Grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home