Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Today the girls are going with a friend of mine for the night. This generious woman, who has been babysitting my girls since they were born, offers them a yearly tradition of pizza and setting up her christmas tree, movies and games. This includes her own grandchildren as well. How fortunate am I to have this in a grandparentless life? At least on my side of the family.

Also I took the girls to the library. I love going there. I came home with so many books. We are learning about the history of Christmas' from picture books and books from other countries with diffferent traditons.

On our way back home I stopped by the Chocolate Cafe' to have a little treat. This was a very last minute idea. They were busy as usual. But it felt like Christmas and I wasn't in a hurry. When we recieved our order from the counter the man behind the counter said " Your Lynne Right?" Of course I didn't even reconize him. I said "yes, how are you?" I guess the look on my face said "I have NO idea who you are." He said it's Bob Radde! WOW. A blast from the past! A past that is so blurry to me, but still other people are able to reconize me, still, after all these years. I find that amazing. Why? Well, like I said it was a blurr. Parents who are divorced and passing kids back and forth every two years or so for most of there adolescnets, it's hard to make connections with people. But how do they remember me? I understand that his mother was one with all boys. Four or five I think. They lived in my neighborhood which would be my second time living with my Father. Times were hard and all three of us kids left one at a time over a period of four years. I had heard from a friend of mine that Mrs. Radde was seriously thinking about taking me in! Wow! That blew my mind! Of course it never happened. But what if?
I hate it when I see people that know me and I don't know them. I'm never sure how to react, other than be myself I guess. I feel such a sense of loss when this happens. Like big holes in my life that never got mended. Or maybe just a bunch of what if's. Life takes us in al directions. I am grateful for where life has taken me these last 20 years. I can't mend the holes that was left behind me but I can create "a new" with no holes and include some of the scraps of my past that were good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home