Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Welcome back my friend. You were missed.

Sad to see another lose their mother. It was hard not to cry. It seems like it is all starting for our friends now, This segment of life to experience death
{for most}. I cry for those who cry for their loved one's, and I cry for the fact that I couldn't cry for mine at the time. It was too much of a relief.
But life is too good to be down much longer, even though I have another funeral to got this Sunday for my Grace. There is also two birthdays to celebrate as well.
Martin Luther King day was very interesting. I took the kids down to the Century Center to experience MLK day. It turned out to be mostly a no smoking campaign for all the booth vendors. weird. There was marching and native dancing and singing. A slim two hours in his name. Thank God PBS had a wonderful tribute and life story.....I could have watched all day. They showed walks in Cicro Ill. That was the worst demostration of rascism I've ever seen on Television. And in the north! Theer is something that stirs up in me...a passion when I watch documentaries about rascism. Then I think about all the black friends I have and how we socialize with each other. It doesn't seem like enough to me to make a difference in this ignorant world. There should be more involvement in our lives with all social classes and races. This is what Holy Cross gave my kids. This is what we wanted for our kids. This is the biggest downfall of homeschooling. The diversity is gone. The exposer is gone. My foot in the door of Holy Cross keeps my kids in the mix a bit more than other homeschoolers. Once a week it may be, but the friendships that we had made there {multiracially} is invaluable!
I need to reach out and pull these people back into our lives again. That means being the one who arranges for this to happen. A small price to pay for
for my girls to someday make and continue to make a difference in this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home