Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Conversations

Do you ever experience the after conversation blues? Sometimes I run through the previous or past conversations in my head and realize things that I said that were either not on the mark or I didn't really listen before I spoke. Not that anyone got hurt. I just wish it could have been better. My ability to listen and to understand what people are trying to say to me are two different things sometimes. This is a good case of the " beat myself up stuff" that I have no control of after it's be said and done. But it is a practice that automactically comes to me. I guess it is also a good thing to be able to view myself and to improve. There is always room for that!

The sun is shinning and it's cold!!! 4 degrees when Tom came home.
I hear him open the mudroom door and Mackinaw jumps up to greet him and asked to be let out.....I fall back to sleep, He comes into the room and kisses me on the cheek and askes if I want coffee this morning. Five minute later I am up and hearing all that he had heard on the radio that night, what's on ebay and what's up with the car. I make cinnamon rolls and the girls get up . Kelsey has a fever, so much for the not being sick for two years eh? So a lay around day it will be for her.

Went out last night with Kim and had a great time. She thought I was nuts spending so much money on beads. But I was low on them. And it wasn't just beads it was stuff for the homeschooling group also. This Friday I am in charge of homemade Valentines cards for 14 children. We've had three weeks of art . One week was basic card making. Second was water colors. Third was abstract paintings. This week is homemade Valentine cards.......with hopes of pulling all three weeks together to be creative.

Well, off the cut out heart shapes......I suck at this so I bought a template {looser!}.

~"In art the hand can never execute anything higher than the heart can inspire." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home