Saturday, February 07, 2004

~"This above all; to thine own self be true." ~William Shakespeare

So I went to the store to get my weeklys and what who I run into with my daugther Amy, but Mr. Guzman his wife and Daughter. There is no such thing as just a ........hey I see you over there! good to see you! Bye! Nope..it's hey, what's new? who is this? and what have you been doing? This is my Daugther Dr. Luella Guzman. Luella is amazing! She took right to Amy and they went off onthere on conversation while I tried to make conversation with mr. and mrs. Guzman.........Fab. Fab was the first bretheren I met in this town. He was a regular customer at Martins' Super when I worked there. He and his wife would come through my line on most of their visits to the market. These Bretheren were first experience in the graciousness that is so Bretheren {despite any of their agendas}. Fab knew me before I met Thomas. And he knew me when I was pregnant with Kelsey and not married yet. He was very supportive and knew that I knew what was the right thing to do. Shortly after Kelsey was born, he insisted on visting us {already married}. Fab brought a lovely gift for kesley. It was a silver sippy cup engraved with her name and birth date. We still have it, and I think of him often. He came in the my life on the wind and blew out again. Years later, I noticed after joining our church that Mr. and Mrs. Guzmans picture was on the wall of the churches directory. Wow...small world. For some reason, at this point, I didn't know he was part of the church of the Bretheren. Ten years later I see him again at the market.

So there I stood , body language say " It was nice seeing you, chow." But it wasn't happening. I wasn't leaving. Amy and Luella were talking and I could hold a conversation if my life depended on it. Why couldn't I feel comfortable just being me. Why couldn't I just slip right into all that great hospitality and grace like a child would. The Guzmans looked old and tired. Mrs. Guzman had to keep moving or call it a day. So off they went. I was relieved. Trying to keep my face on, I could see that they could see right through my guilty disguise of wanting to rush off.

Luella.......she invivted us down to Friendswood TX. She knows that Amy wants to work with dolphins. She was telling us all about her land and dogs. I want to go there. I want to be wrapped up in her grace. I want my kids to be wrapped up in her grace. She is a pediatrician and is amazing with kids. Being in her presents was so comfortable. Strange that I had to experience such polar emotions. I love the name of her town Friendswood, the name of her street, Windsong lane, and her e-mail address...... drlalatx.

People like Luella and Fab are like little glimpes of angels. There is a reason for everything. There is a connection here that needs to ride itself out. I want to graciously except that ride.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home