Thursday, February 26, 2004

The Visit

The visit from my Pastor ended up being what I thought it would be about. Steven's Ministries. He wanted to know how I was doing since my care reciever died, and when I would willing to become active again. One pot of coffee and a bowl of smoked almonds later he was gone. Why do I get myself so worked up? Is it an authoirty issue again? Maybe because we had bumped heads late last summer? I don't do well with confrontation unless I am absolutely , passionately sure I am right {grin}.

There is one thing I need to work on and that is my inability to ask questions when I truly don't understand what people are talking about or asking of me. I misunderstand way too much. Why this is such a weakness, I don't know , but it needs work. I only hear what I want to hear? How sad is that? Get on with
it....Listen.

We are not part of the project fair this time. We have one every three months. Most of the items we have been "making" have been given away as gifts. Maybe we should have taken pictures if these items in order to have something to show for our work? Forget it. We know what we have been doing. We'll just sit back , learn and enjoy everyones else's projects. Amy wants to cover the animals that live in the rain forrest. Great project starter for next time. I hope to include the big issue of deforestation and their effect on the animals she is interested in. This should really bring it home for her. With Kelsey, it will be like pulling teeth. No pun intended...I just recieved a phone call from her ortho, and he is suggesting having two teeth pulled. I might have to make her choose something that has to do with her dislike of teeth pulling. That should be a positive way to deal with her fears.......LOL! A bloody film on teeth pulling andd plenty of picture on all those steel instruments they use! Okay. We'll find something else..but it might work?

~Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism. Confronting your fears and allowing yourself the right to be human can, paradoxically, make you a far happier and more productive person.
Dr. David M. Burns

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home