Tuesday, March 30, 2004

The Arts of all sorts.

Went out of town to visit my friend Annie and to see her son K in a play at church. What a great job they all did. We've seen many childrens plays and this was one of the best so far. Beading was another acitivy to look forward to while down there. I learned new techniques and suggestions that make your projects look a little more profesional. Annie let me borrow a jewlery making book that have some awesome bracelets in it. I have to make one. Then there was this wire weaving type of necklace that is so cool, I made one of those. In fact I have made three as of today. My jucies are flowing! Thanks Annie!

Our homeschooling group is getting ready to do just the wood scenes of "Midsummers Night Dream" in the next few weeks. Parts were chosen on Friday. The girls are very excited about their parts. Now we need to work on costumes (Yikes) and lines. The downtown library will let us use the auditorium, so we get a real stage for the kids to experience. Friends and family will be invited to come and watch. In the meantime we will be seeing Midsummers Night Dream at the Morris on the 23rd of April. Not to mention the stage production in Chicago on Navy Peir in May! Maybe a bit of an over load but to view different styles is a good thing. (not Martha Stewart)

I'm hoping to get on my bike this week. I look forward to time to myself. Lately I have been grumpy and I think it's because I need space. All kinds of space. Space in the bathroom alone! Space in my house alone! Space in my mind alone! I feel a bit claustrophobic. Okay, alot claustrophobic. This nice weather gives me a sense of urgency I haven't quite figured out yet. I need to meditate on it and try to release it.

Well, on to another day of learning something new!

~A desire to be in charge of our own lives, a need for control, is born in each of us. It is essential to our mental health, and our success, that we take control.--Robert F. Bennett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home