Thursday, April 29, 2004

Posion Ivy and graph paper

Poor Tom. He got it bad. Putting in that boundary wire stirred up the ivy roots and zapped him in the face. He looks like the elephant man. I had no idea he was so allergic! Now I know what that stuff is on Amy now. It just didin't seem right that they would be get poision ivy before the leaves were even out!
Antihistamines is all we can do for them. Once again I didn't get any of it. I find that amazing since I was out there doing the same thing. It makes me itch just to look at him.

Went to a friends house where three families will be digging up our first vegetable garden together. Today is the day. Sod and little trees must come up and make way for our small 15x12 garden. One of the mom's suggested that I map out the garden on graphing paper, using each square as one sq. ft. of the garden. NO WAY!. put the carrots here, the cuc's next to the bush beans, the garlic next to the carrots and basil in between the tomatoes. There! Done! No graphing paper! Hello? Graphing paper? gadening? Exact science? Too anal for me. I had my laugh and now it is time to dig. I must search the web for dried coyote urine bags to keep the deer out for the garden is too small to put a fence around it.

~"Have a time and place for everything, and do everything in its time and place, and you will not only accomplish more, but have far more leisure than those who are always hurrying."--Tryon Edwards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home