Wednesday, May 05, 2004

"The soul of our quest for the simple life reflects a need to re-establish control of our lives." ~ Peter Fossel  ~ 

Making a dent into our first week of vacation and things are getting done. Framing the windows for the treehouse and weeding and transplanting in the garden. But outside the home things still go on. Dance lesson's, mom's nights out for the homeschooling group, script program for Holycross school and some babysitting.

I only get a few weeks a years to be home at night during the week with my husband. During those time I expect for the world to stop , no one calls and asks for anything (church), or all lesson's suspended until further notice. but that is not the reality we live in, just my fantasy. I guess that is what you get if you don't spend major amounts of money and go somewhere to get away from it all. (gas prices & bills to pay controlled vacation).

It takes at least a week to get into the mode of a vacation before it really starts to feel like a vacation. That is why after years of taking one week at a time we decided to do two in order for my husband to feel rested and have a feeling that he has accomplished things he's been wanting to get done or experience.

This Saturday we ( and the homeschooling group) are going to Chicago to see "A Midsummers Night Dream" at Navy Pier. It should be great. The homeschooling group will be using two acts in the 'wood scene' of MSND, to put on a small 20 minute play of our own for friends and family. We have been working on this for weeks. The children will memorize their lines and have homemade costumes made by one of our mothers who wants to use them in her portfolio. So you can imagine her expectations. So we gave her a budget and anything over that she has to suck it up. I am in charge of some of the props. Shakespeare didn't use a whole lot of props, in fact none most of the time. So just a few bushes and a boulder is all that is asked of me. I leave the rest to the others who have the energy to talk about all other aspects to death.... this is what I feel tonight's mom's night out will be about. I think I will excuse myself and leave early , get home to my man and continue spending this rare time with him.

~"I think we can already see the conflict of attitude which will decide our future.  On one side, I see people who think they can cope with our... crisis by the methods current... I call them the people of the forward stamped.
On the other side, there are people in search of a new lifestyle, who seek to return to certain basic truths about man and his world.  I call them homecomers." 
~E.F. Schumacher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home