Friday, June 18, 2004

All in the name of Fathers Day

Here it comes. The day that Dad doesn't want any big Ta-Do and all we can think about is how great to make it for him!
Here's my story:

Tom's mom need a ride from LaPorte to South Bend in order to get a screw taken out of her ankle. I needed to borrow the riding tractor in order to mow our spit shy of an acre yard. A deal was made. I pick up Mom (45min drive) and take her to the hospital. I come home (since I have three hours to wait before I pick her up again and take her back home (another 45 minutes). I'm home and trying to unload the tractor from the trailer..impossible for be to do because it keeps getting hooked up on the ramps. Tom helps me. I mow the yard ( 1 hour and 45 mins) then head back to pick up mom and take her to dinner beacuse she had to fast in for the surgury and needed to eat. "Is a regular dinner Okay" she asks. I didn't know I was buying , but okay. 1 hour and 15 minutes later dinner and seriously no tip! On the road again ( you know how long) and back to pick up my girls at a friends house. Day gone. Next day I get up early and start trimming the bushes and break the bush trimmerrs (not mine, borrowed) because the bushes haven't been trimmed in two years. YEOW! That's it! I'm buying good lawn equipment and doing this right! $400.00 later I have a bush trimmer and weed wacker all Stihl products...the best. Off I go trimming all the bushes (9 large yews) weed wack the entire yard ( 25 trees and around house) Five hours later I am dead. I can't move a muscle. Today I am sore but proud of the work I've done.

Happy Fathers Day My Dear Husband. I love you.

Next week 25 cubic yards of woodchips to pitch! I love this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home