Tuesday, June 08, 2004

My girls are across the street at Ruth's house. She came by this morning to see if my girls would like to meet her best friends granddaughter who is 12. Kelsey was all for it. That surpirsed me, but I think it was more for the pool than the social thing. This lovely girl named Ashley looks 16! Okay, maybe 14 but man! My poor flat chested girls who look their age, looked way to young for her. I wonder how they are doing? Tom and I are leaving here soon to get cholesterol and blood pressure checked. My husband is 51 and very concerened about his health these days. Very normal I hear. I think listening to all those late night talk shows have gotten to him. No Art Bell here!!!

Camped-out last night with the girls. Of course I didn't get any sleep. Mackinaw, my dog, kept hearing raccoons and other creatures and getting all ralwed up. So in the house he goes at 2:00am. So of course the next hour I'm worried about Raccoons. Next thing I know it morning and the sun was straight into my eyes (4:45am). Tonight the girls want a repeat. Looks like the weather is perfect for it. a bit warm, but I'll survive. This is the first year that both of the girls want their own tent. Tom and I bought a 9x7. that's good enough. We are getting our girls ready for some future backpack camping with some canoeing and or white water rafting.

I saw a nice new fresh Bush/Cheny sign in a neighbors yard today. I thought " how brave they are to have that sigh in their yard". I wonder what kind of response I would get if I out a Nader sign in my yard. We could have yard sign wars!

~"Politicians are interested in people. Not that this is always a virtue. Fleas are interested in dogs."
PJ O'Rourke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home