Sunday, June 13, 2004

Pond Life

Going to bed last night felt great after a lack of sleep the night before. (thunderstorms, kids, dog baking at thunder till 2:00am ) . Keifer Dam is now filled with water for the first time in three years. The pond next door was overflowing with a choir of frogs singing in waves that lulled me to sleep.

Went to New Paris yesterday, driving through flooded streets and Amish contry, I love that, to meet up with folks interested in developing skills or improving their skills in Conflict Resolution and transformation. To me it was honing in on my skills again and refreshing forgotten ones. My Stevens Ministries training covered many areas of CR, but not so much the transformation part. I felt a little out of my element at times. I felt like I was back in the board room tring to make sense of what all these ( more educated and verse in church life then me) people were saying. I would like to see my self in a facilitators role, but I'm not feeling my gift is there. My very good friend, who was co-teaching this class, felt I had leadership qualities. Do you know your the only one of my friends who says what they see in me? My husband doesn't even do that.... But then again what husband does that? Those few kind words put me on the next shelf of the self confidence ladder!

thank you,
I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home