Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Strength & Resilience

Strength defined: the quality of being strong. the power to resist force; strain; toughness and solidity. To resist attack and Moral courage.

I would like to add Resilience, defined: Capable of returning to an original shape after being bent, stretched,, or compressed.

I question my strength the most out of all character traits I have. This of course is a insercurity issue I have that constanly needs comfort and repairing on a daily basis. Did I say that out loud?
Well, so I did.

Again the growth thing is on going. Even at the age of 43. I look forward to 86. Life will always throw you something to grow on. Who wouldn't question themselves when something new and exciting or maybe even scary comes along? What do we do? We reach out to one another, to talk about it, justifly it and eventually come to terms with it.
Whats next? Bring it on.

No reason for these simple definitions other than an observation.

Thirty cubic yards of mulch to pitch in to old gardens and the start of new. I look forward to the laborous time in the yard. Nature has been so good to us this season. Last night a good book and some crickets outside my open windows making their music while I read. The perfect combinations to this season so far is:
~ The windows wide open to recieve the cool nights air and my down comforter.
~ A good book and pistachio nuts.
~Storm stories with my daughters in bed with me watching it.

*Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.--August Wilson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home