Friday, June 04, 2004

want to see (hear) the Cicadas?

What a beautiful day. three in a row now. This is the coolest june I can remember. Tom came home with a USA today paper and it had a huge article in it about the cicadas. It looks as though Bloomington is Cicada Meca! Tom is very excited about this and wants to go down next weekend and check it out. I guess I'm going (smaller tent) hunting! We need more spur of the moments..... moments in our lives. The kids are at a great age for this type of life style. The question is, can we keep it going at a pace that will keep the interest up? Maybe by not over scheduling the summer will help. We try to do that at all cost anyway but things tend to creep up. These mellow days and cool night are the ultimate in camping weather. No hot humid nights for me. I get too grumpy. Plus my hair is flat!

Graduations to attend this weekend. I have no graduation edicate so I guess we'll just show up. Tom wants to make a pen and pen case for their gifts. Sounds good. Maybe I'll pick up a card that says something profound, I don't know. In our little tight group of freinds this is the first child to graduate from high school. Blazing the trail with the Airforce. So much like his father in many repects. Two years later the other son graduates. It's all starting and will go for many many years until we are all childless and retiring in Canada in communal living. Sounds dreamy.

~The art of living does not consist in preserving and clinging to a particular mood of happiness, but in allowing happiness to change its form without being disappointed by the change; for happiness, like a child, must be allowed to grow up.--Charles Langbridge Morgan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home