Friday, November 12, 2004

In ten days I will be turning 44 years old. I remember when I was my kids age, my parents were so old in their 40's . Not to mention a time when things were not good. "Which parent do we live with now?" "Why do we have to go to another school?" "When do we get to see you again? why are you so unhappy?" "Why do you drink?" "why do you want to hurt yourself?" "why isn't there any food?" "I have no buttons on my coat".

Living a life that is the total opposite of the life I had as a child has it's way of sneaking up on you. Putting things in your mind and having 'doubt' raise it's ugly head. I wasn't taught alot of things when I was a child, it was just survival.
church life,
what a happy marriage looks like, feels like.
The hard work and strength that goes into a good marriage.
The ability to communicate your feelings in a healthy way.
How to encourage.
How to deal with your anger.
basic courtesies.

Some things I have mastered on my own. Some are still dangling.

~The greatest results in life are usually attained by simple means and the exercise of ordinary qualities. These may for the most part be summed up in these two--commonsense and perseverance.--Owen Feltham

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home