Friday, December 31, 2004

I had noticed 'someone' looking at this yesterday. I had forgotten about this quote. Second time around ....It only gets better.

The "I" is Someone Else
Some people inhabit their lives
like a reflection does a mirror,
the way a penny rests in a well.
It killed me, you in The Alibi,
a vodka shot in your hand, warning,
"When I come back, I want you
waiting right here."
Me, tendering the illusion of another
self, a projection in the way
a movie can still run with no viewers.
Some people fill their lives
the way a shadow thinly satisfies
a wall, or an arrow finishes a heart.
~by Jeremy Lespi

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

Happy new year, Friend.
Love,
A.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he passed away on december 28th of last year, at age 30. please look for him.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home