Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The story of Rosa Parks was viewed in my sunday school class this past sunday, Thanks to the On Earth Peace program . So much history I wasn't aware of or forgot about. The severe ignorance going on back then is amazing. Amazing for the people who had to face that everyday and keep the non-violent theme alive.

It's amazing to me the swelling I get in my chest from the injustice of it all. How it exsist still today. Also, what it meant when I found out my mother belonged to the KKK before she died down in Alamaba. She killed herself because she was afraid of the black people that moved into her neighborhood and there was nothing she could do about it. The ignorant killing the ignorant. Fear killing Fear.

I plan on being downtown the next time the KKK feel they have the right to march freely in our streets. I will be there.

Went down to North Liberty for our annual Christmas Tree cutting. I wanted a short needled tree because it helps to keep the ornaments on. A spruce is what we ended up with . 7ft tall and 5 feet wide. It is the fattest tree we've ever had. The tree exploded in the living room when the ties were cut. I don't think I have enough ornaments for this tree!!! How am I going to get 28 people in this house this Friday? We are having our annual Christmas music party. Thank God we have a basement. The girls went shopping yesterday with their Father. Oh!! what fun they had buying for each other and for their mom. I am starting to feel like a kid. Wrapped presents in my stocking and under the tree. I want to shake them and guess. Maybe when the girls go to bed tonight I will!!
Painting the bathroom is the job of the week. I went to Hills to get paint samples and someone said "Lynne?" and out of the corner of my eye I saw for the first time in 22 years my boyfriend from highschool Matt Magor!!! Holy shit. I don't want to talk to him. can I run? Okay, you can do this......Hey how are you? blah blah blah shake hands ...hope to never see you again.

Life. Coming around in full circle in unexpected ways. I am grateful I looked half way desent!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

What a fun read!! Glad the holiday spirit abounds at your house. And Matt Magor. Who'd've thought?

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home