Monday, January 17, 2005

"Turn... Turn..... Turn"

"So it sounds like your not leaving the church?"

The more I talk about leaving the church the more I find myself getting envolved. Whats up with that? Actually, I believe all of us at one point or another find our selves saying "What the hell am I doing here?" "What does this church have to offer?"
personally I feel it had alot to do with the leaving of our currant pastor. I don't need to go into any great details, just that he didn't work for me. Maybe for many. What is it about Interim pastors that catch me when falling like this?

Worship leader this week. The lack of time to communicate ( as usual) has cut my particiation down, comfortably, to just a few bible readings and announcements. I was nervous. It has been years since I was worship leader. But getting up there was a really good thing. I read my deal and made the eye contact I felt was nescesary. Many smiles from the congregations and a few frowns. maybe beacause I was too casual in dress? "get over it!"

Listening to Harriet preach these last few month have been a breath of fresh air not to mention a breath of free time. Short and to the point with personal stories and verses hand and hand and out we go! I feel comfortable with a woman pastor. I need to put a note into the search committees mailbox and make that known. The peace basket goes back this week. What will we do now? The curriculum the church offers doesn't really offer anything to these kids, not anything new that is. A suggestion to read the new testement from beginning to end was made. I think I can work with that. I feel the pressure of continuing this class because I have made it so different from other sunday school classes. I haven't heard any baulking about the choices I've made so far. (keeing my fingers crossed) But of course that could be my 'out' if it arises? (looser).

Busy week this week. It is already going by fast. K is sleeing over at a friend house (thank God) and A is had two friends spend the night last night. It's amazing to me how an odd numbers of kids can get along so well. What a mix.

Tomorrow it is back to Yoga with Cheryl. I look forward to that. A time to talk and stretch. A time to find out we are all doing just fine.


"Continue to make the demands of the day your immediate concern, and take occasion to test the purity of your hearts and the steadfastness of your spirits. When you then take a deep breath and rise above the cares of this world and in an hour of leisure, you will surely win the proper frame of mind to face devoutly what is above us, with reverence, seeing in all events the manifestation of a higher guidance."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

A good interim pastor is a gift. I'm glad you're sticking with her. She's awesome.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home