Monday, February 21, 2005

8 days


0974084891.01
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.

Reading:

8 Days.

8 Days is the riveting story of the not-so-distant future when four brilliant young scientists begin the process of cleansing humanity by systematically releasing the chemical X-86 on cities around the world. Their mission? To destroy everything over the course of eight days, leaving a chosen few to survive and rule the planet.
What they donâ??t count on is demented, power-hungry, 60-year-old CEO Tony Andrews who has his own plan â?? and weapons â?? to dominate the world. Neither they nor Tony can stop the chemicalâ??s survivors from coming together to face their uncertain future. The survivors who have been drawn to Joplin, Missouri, have the desire and instinct, along with the visions of eight-year-old Jessie, to guide them and begin to rebuild with what little is left.
~( I am freaking out!!!) I never do Sci-fic. I heard this author on a late night talk show, while "trying" to sleep at the Football Hall of Fame two weeks ago during a Girl Scout sleepover. It was too interesting to pass up. I picked up the last copy. Half way done and I can't wait to pick it up again. Very small print.......... "I don't need glasses....""I don't need glasses.....!"

Church:

Looking forward to Sunday School time next week. One, I don't have to plan anything and two, our most recent missionaries are talking about their experiences in Sudan last month. I have been looking forward to this for three weeks now. I believe I have a calling somewhere in the Missionary~Christian Peacmakers area of our church. I need to find out more.....

ME:

I am starting a jewlery project this week. I found an interest in chain mailing. My first purchase of 18 gage sterling silver wire was quite an eye opener. No room for mistakes.

Us:

Homelife has taken it's toll on us this week.
Kelsey is slowly figuring out that talking out what fears she has and what she worries about can make her stomach aches go away.
Good friends of her have moved away and she is just now staring to talk about her sadness with that. The comfort she had with their old house is something she misses as much as her friends. I can understand that. I never saw her cry so hard before. We cried together. It was a good thing.
Amy is starting to see the one way road to kelseyville with a nonstop to Amytown. Again another emotional outburst about things and missing friends. What a week.
Don't forget the married couple who need to improve their communication skills and to put themselves first and everything else second. Without a healthy 'them' the rest will suffer. The question is, can we do it? I don't think we have a choice.

Homeschooling:

School is going very well. Kelsey is reading "God, It's me Margaret" for the third time including four other non- fiction journals. Amy is reading 1st and 2nd special edition "Secrets of Droon." I hope to move her over a bit to Chicken Soup For the Kids Soul. She seems to be interested in 'real' personal experiences. Thank God!
Both the girls are very unhappy with the way the HS group is going. One of their friends in that group had left offically but shows up once in a while when she can. I believe the only saving grace for my girls. The rest of the kids that are left are either too young too unsoicalized or trying to replace what has been lost and it is not working. I don't think we want to wait to see if bringing in new blood will make a difference. I don't think we have that kind of time when can just move along with out skipping a beat back to their old school and friends. The talk is there. No promting from me.

Music:

I need new music!!!

"The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live."
~Mortimer Adler

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

Well CW,
I have looked up the book on Amazon and it sounds very interesting. unfortunalty all the library copies are out!! LOL. Is this telling us something?
Thank you for stopping by. hope to get more book ideas from you again!
Peace,
Lynne

12:16 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Thanks for calling me Corrine. When you call, I have ears too close to 'talk' the way I need or want to. And maybe I wasn't ready at that time to hash it over because it was too young in my thoughts. You know? I still needed the time.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home