Saturday, February 26, 2005

Desire


Desire
Originally uploaded by Surrealist.
I love Flicker. I can go and find something on their site that inspires me to write. Of course this mean Coffee to me!! P-r-e-t-t-y coffee. But that is not inspiring me today. I just need to get a few words in because it has been a while.

GirlScouts:

I just got home from a few hours of World Thinking Day with our Girl Scout Troop. We are doing Scotland this year. We are going to continue beyond WTD in order to earn our Global Patch. This mean writting letters to Troops in Scotland and creating penpals.

Homeschooling:

This week was a bust due to many hours of Mom reading ( 8 Days) and lettng the kids do as little as possible which didn't need my attention. Who knew doom and gloom would catch my attention. But as usual there was hope at the end, but still! No thanks!
On to the next book!! Whats it going to be people? I need something with depth, beauty, hope, growth and humor. Can you fill that? Today I will sit down and arrange for this weeks work for the girls and myself. tick! tick! tick!

MY Girls:

Both my girls have fallen apart this past week over friends that have moved. It only took them MONTHS to finally get it out!!! Hello Mom! Can you see the signs? Sometimes it take a board across the head. what can I say?

Amy has started a new book series (jumping with joy) by Eva Ibbotson. The "Secret of Platform 13" "Island of the Aunts" & "Which Which?" She just started reading it this week. I pulled them off the book shelves ( 1 inch of dust on top ) and just suggested it and she took it!! WAHO!

Kelsey has been reading and rereading the American girl books for all the dolls. Last week she picked up "I can't believe I have to do this" by Jan Alford. This is about a 12-year-old boy named Dean Matthews who can't believe he has to keep a journal, and "What do fish have to do with anything"? by Avi. I did mention the book "Kissing Doorknobs" by Terry Spencer Hesser. She is very interested in that one. I think I will read it first though. The library copies are all out until April (weird) and I don't want to wait anymore. So I am going to order it on Amazon. It only cost 4.95 new with free shipping for 25.00. Figures! They nickle and dime you man!!

Visitors:

Cindy my buddy!! (poodlehead) came by for dinner Thursday night with the Bub (Salvatore). Enchiladas for dinner and Margaritas! Not to mention a few Manhattans!! Sorry we didn't call Corrine. We are Loosers!

Us:

Tom and I are are celebrating our 13th Anniversry this coming weekend. I have made arrangement to have the girls spend the night Saturday and all day Sunday. We are not able to go out of town, so we will enjoy our time together in an empty house. Now thats a bargin! Candles, music, a lovely dinner, (preferably delivered from our favorite resturant), talking, dancing, ETC!

"A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity.  The order varies for any given year"  ~Paul Sweeney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home