Friday, February 04, 2005

P.S. HTML sucks!

Blogging:

Started to write on the old blog earlier this week, then my husband asked for a phone number and I lost what I was working on for the last couple hours! Blip! Gone. I lost my motivation to rehash whatI had already worked on. I have an issue about repeating myself. Verbally and in writing. I don't like to talk just to hear myself talk! I've heard that before? hmmmm. Writting in my journal (blog) is a spontanious thing to me. when the mood hits it hits, and off I go. but if it gets lost in the shuffle, it is gone forever. It has already been said so I'm done. So instead, I took my stress out on sewing some patches on my daughters shash for Girl Scouts. It's a good thing the sewing machine wasn't acting up. I would have been on a roll of loosing it! Okay, maybe a little prementstrual or maybe I have anger issues.....O'well!!!!!

P.S. HTML sucks!

Homeschooling:

Adding in History this week. It went very well. The girls just love it when I read from the Story of The World. Amy especially likes the maps and coloring pages. Kelsey just plays with her dolls and does map work as we move through the story. I picked up the Kingfishers History Encyclopedia, revised edition (05). It runs so nicely with what we are doing in history. I think I'll just add it as a means for independent reading (required) just after my reading sessions. This week was the Defenestration of Prague which started the Thirty Years' War. More like 41 years when all was really done.
Grammar is going so well. The girls really like Heidi and we so appreciate what she is bringing to our girls. Her husband is still working on his dissertation at Notre Dame. So the meantime she is tutoring and taking on job interviews all over the country. A twinge of knowing that we will need to find another tutor haunts me. But as long as the tutors continue to come from Notre Dame, I think we will be just fine. Hedi has never worked with children before, but she is doing quite a remarkable job with this handicap. She brings in bits of herself to the lessons every week which softens my girls. I am very grateful we can provide this for them.

Books:

I've been a bit of a reading fein lately. I have been visiting some the literary blogs suggested by my friend Corrine. (wish I could put a few here on my site, but HTML sucks) The book I just finished is called "Running with Scissors" (a memoir) By Augusten Burrough. Wow! What a wacky truth. Too unbelievable. I was so disgusted, but at the same time I could'nt put it down. I read it in three days. I let everything go in the house because of this book. I was glad when it was done. All I can say is that I coudn't get my house clean enough.

Moving on to other interests. I am tossing around the idea of joining a book group. The book for March is "The Prime of Jean Brody" by Muriel Spark. looks like a quick read and an interesting topic.

to follow or including: for personal use only.
~Eats shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss. I'm going to give it a try anyway. what could it hurt?
~Eating Mindfully, by Susan Albers.

Some on the cuff:
~"In the Absence of the Sacred, The Failure of Technology and the survival of the indian nation" by Terry Mander. I might have to borrow that one from Cheryl. Sounds like light reading?
~"The Time travelers Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger . still wating.........w/o buying.
~"What does it mean to be well educated" by Alfie Kohn

Church:

Went to Harriet Hamers' house for lunch this past Sunday. This Masion is amazing. But I wouldn't want to clean it. I don't know how she can live or rattle around in that huge house all by herself. You would think that would intensify the loneliness factor. Lunch at Harriets' is well known by us to eat before you go or fill up on the store bought desserts. Left overs at her house ARE leftovers from some past fuctions she has hosted and has been frozen in the freezer for who knows how long. Scary food man, Scary! I am amazed when we leave there that Tom doesn't say anything. Mr. Picky non-condiment man. Lunch was over and church talk begins. Why this? why That? Can you think about partaking in this or that? NO. and off we go. We love you Harriet. We wish we had ansnwers too.

Me:

I have needs:

~The need to go out and ride my bike on a 40 degree day.
~To go cross country skiing with my girls.
~go out on a date with my husband.
~quit sleeping in so late all week.
~invite people over for a meal.
~get in my car and drive five hours one way and then another.
~get focused about the B&B
~incorporate the new coop into the food budget.
~get creative again with my beading, I miss it.
~give myself a break.

"I think we can already see the conflict of attitude which will decide our future.  On one side, I see people who think they can cope with our... crisis by the methods current... I call them the people of the forward stamped.
On the other side, there are people in search of a new lifestyle, who seek to return to certain basic truths about man and his world.  I call them homecomers." 
~E.F. Schumacher ~
 



2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

Yay!! I love it when you write. I want to read "The Time Traveler's Wife," too, but not motivated enough to even find it.

Ride that bike. Now!! Before the snow comes back!

I would love to see Harriet's house. You've got to admire her dedication. She just wants all the sheep in the fold.

Someday, really soon, I'm going to take a day off. We should get together. Like in Goshen. Just to get away.

A.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

YAH!! I would love to get away sometime soon with you! I miss you.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home