Thursday, March 03, 2005

wire work


wire work
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
Making:

I love to make jewelry! I just recieved my sterling silver wire last week. Boy, five feet of wire doesn't look like much especially for the price I paid!!! This hobby is getting expensive! I better start wearing some it. I don't wear my stuff because I give it as gifts. There is so much joy to see the ones I love wearing something I made from the heart. Plus I don't have a thing to wear with anything I make! I need to buy clothing depending on what pieces of jewelry I make!

Cooking:

Red Lentil soup:

Crock pot method
1 lg onion: finely chopped
1 celery stalk; diced
1 gr. pepper
1 garlic clove PLEASE! thats not enough!!!
6 cup water
1tsp chili pwd
1tsp paprika
1 bay leaf
1 tsp black pepper
1 can tomato paste
~personally adding in
creole seasoning mix ( food network)
olvie oil to drizzle maybe butter if I feel bad. how about crumbled goat cheese? mmmm?

Reading:

Finished "Kissing Doorknobs" by Hessner. The story is funny and frightening. The life of an OCD is pretty intense and Hessner puts you right in this girls head. I bought this book as a suggestion for my oldest daughter. I won't be letting her read this. I don't think she is mature enough to handle this subject matter yet. The girl Tara is 11 years old. The crotch grabbing, launguage, teenage sex and drug talk isn't something I believe a 12 year old needs to be reading yet. I believe she would have to look up the word crotch!!!

needing something new to read I picked up six books yesterday at the library with hope that one might catch my attention. I am looking forward to the book discussion on "The Secret Life of Bees" on BOOKBLOG. Maybe I will read it again if none of these other pan out.

Girls:

Both the girls are reading Chicken Soup For The Soul books. One is for Sisters Soul and the other for Kids Soul. I am so glad to see Amy moving into another reading direction. This last snow has given us a chance to get another great sledding day in before winters end. This was the first time we had a totally fresh hill with no other tracks. It took us the first hour just to get a good base. We found out that the floaty rings from the lake make the best sleds. Us adult had to beg and plead for one slide down the hill with them. Man!! Tomorrow is Chess day with the group. Amy has her first Guitar recital this Saturday. She is so jammin on the blues!!!

Shakespeare:

Going to Chicago's Navy Pier to see a Shakespeare play "Comedy of Errors". Okay, I almost came this_____ close to getting Shakespeare for Dummies. Or Shakespeare for Idiots. I feel so uncultured sometimes. Reading like this cannot be simplified in my eyes.I need something for more of the moderate reader. So, while on line at the library I can see they have a copy of Shakespeare stories II by Leon Garfield. Thank god!! they have a copy. I mean ONE copy. Gotta go get it now bye!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home