Monday, April 11, 2005

Hepatica acutiloba


Hepatica acutiloba
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
The species name might not be acuurate, but it was the closest I could find for now. But it is a Hepatica! This one closest to the house bloomed first. The others will take a few more days or until it rains. Pray for rain.

Wandering in the woods outside Notre Dames' property I found these Hepatica gems may years ago. The constant onslaught of development around the campus motivates me to return this year to save what I can. Jack-in-the-Pulpit of several varieties and hepatic mounds the size of basketballs. Another spot I like to visit yearly is under development on all sides. the area left behind is a wetland or should I say dumping ground for anyone who is interested in getting rid of old tires couches, coolers or that broken lawn chair. There you can find (save) Early Meadow Rue, White Baneberry,
Giant Trillium, Mayapples and many things I problably haven't identified yet. Tom is starting a coldframe for me this week. Some seeds need to get started and some planted directly into the garden. I look forward to getting my hand dirty. Well Hedi is here and the girls want to do grammar in the treehouse. I hope she is not afraid of heights.

~Love is never absent from our lives. We do not have to find it. We are it.
~ Robert Rabin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home