Monday, April 25, 2005

Prom NIght


Prom NIght
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
Okay, I chose this picture because I wanted my necklace to show. Forget the double chin will ya?

Anyway, Prom night was very romantic. A double baby rose boutonniere for Tom and a triple baby rose wrist corsage for me. I felt 17 again. The evening started with cocktails at 6:00pm and dinner at 7:00pm. A Polish dinner no less. Plenty of 70's music to dance to and one B 52's song. The Limbo and plenty of conversation. A very nice night, I felt so grown up.


So the snow made it's return to our area to the tune of three inches that same night. I had spent time out in the yard that afternoon covering up a hosta species that I knew wouldn't tolerate the cold snow and tempratures. I was constantly telling myself, "survival of the fittest" " survival of the fittest". I don't want to baby my plants, just like I don't want to baby my children. But at times, we do.
Everything worked out fine and the sun shines bright this morning as I write. The vegetable plants will be repotted today and placed in the cold frame. I am amazed how quickly they came up from seed. The excitement, the beauty, the sense of provision. It's all so good.

I won't bore you to much with Church crap. Just that we need someone younger than what they had presented this past weekend. They (the search committee) know very well that is what is needed in order for the church to be pushed into this century. It is the youth of our church that will continue not the 'set in our ways' generation.
that's it, I say no more.

I have great concerns for a few of my friends. I hope you know I am here. I will always be there for you. Everyone of you are in my heart so deep. so deep.
peace and love.

~The first peace, which is the most important,
is that which comes within the souls of people
when they realize their relationship,
their oneness with the universe and all its powers,
and when they realize that at the center
of the universe dwells the Great Spirit,
and that this center is really everywhere,
it is within each of us.
~ Black Elk

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

so glad you had a good evening. roses! wrist corsage! and you speaking of friends in your heart so deep. the love you take is equal to the love you make, friend. you are rich.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home