Monday, May 16, 2005

Bat napping


Bat napping
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
Had a wonderful weekend in MAdsion WI. The weather was a bit chilly, but the friendship warm and cozy.

While out weed wackin yesterday I came across this bat hanging onto the side of this tree just inches from the ground. I would not have seen if it didn't move just a bit to accomodate my wackin. It is still there today. I believe it must be sick and dying.

Going out tonight to visit with Cindy and Kim over a few Marg's. Sounds good. Tomorrow night I will be visiting Annie with Kim again. Good week for you Girl!

Communication and listening skill were the topic for our family forum this past Sunday. We hope to have a short meeting every week on Sundays with one topic in mind and just whatever is on their minds. This includes donuts! Big draw.

Reading:

Picked up a new book today by Karen Stabiner "My Girl" Adventures with a teen in training. I think we qualify and hoping for some helpful insights.

Church:

Church sucked this week. I beat myself up several times a year when I have a 'not so good church experiencce'. I can't pin point anything in particular. Just that we belong to this church, but our involvement is shakey. I want to leave, but I can't. That's the crux of it.
and so it goes........

"We are to be more than mere church members, for church membership alone will not save us. It is what we do with our membership that counts."
~ unknown


hmmmmm?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

Corrine!! Hugs to you, too. I was hoping to see you in a couple of weeks. This dispersed friends thing...

2:43 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Cindy went home Tuesday morning. The changing of the guard. A small stroke and pneumonia. Anitbiotics for some unknown fever. Her mother is hoping to attend a wedding this Saturday! Catholics!
The mood is disappointed in the Memorial venue change. But change seems to be the theme this year. Change = growth. How can I argue?

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home