Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Difference in me


Viola
Originally uploaded by Naphátú.
Happiness has found me,
for I have found myself.
I know what is right,
what is wrong,
what is the best.
I have found a people
deep inside of me,
each and every one
representing me,
all the things I stand for,
all that I believe.
All things important
have come together in me.
I have found the answer -
the difference is me.
I will stand up,
in this giant sea.
I will be the difference,
for I am me.

~Elaina Polovick (15 yrs. old)

Went to a wedding this past saturday and saw many friends from Holy Cross there. What a splendid time we had. The girls danced themselves to sleep. And yes, there was plenty of Polka! The Polovick Family are very good friends of ours since day one at Holy Cross. Three Daughters, two that are the same age as my two girls and one who is blazing a virtious path for those following in line. I couldn't ask for a better role model for my girls. Elaina has been writting poems and getting them published lately and this one I especially liked, will get framed and hung somewhere in this house. She's 15! what insight she has at such a young age.

looking forward to this weekends music jam and bonfire. Lets hope the weather treats us well.
Tom went back to work last week with a new driving route. He no longer goes up to Rockford. He has a more relaxed route of going down to Indianapolis and then back up to Westville. This route give him more hours and more money because he pulls a double. The adjustment has been difficult because he starts so early now. Before he would leave by 8:00pm. Now he leave at 5:00pm. which doesn't leave a whole lot of quality time with the family after he gets up. Amy especially is hit hardest with this beacuse guitar lesson has to be with me instead of Dad. I think we will change the lessons to Saturday so Dad can continue to take her and have that time together. I like the fact that he gets home so early in the morning now. but there's not enough time to accompish much when he gets up. We are still working out all the knots. Soon it will become smoothier. This route was picked in order to cover the up and coming school tuition. What a great provider he is.

Church is slowly coming to an end. We have our sunday school community project of the parsonage garden saturday morning. I hope everyone shows up. Not that I wouldn't want to do it alone. (It's a control thing when it comes to gardening).
We have a young woman from Sudan here in the states taking conflict resoultion classes in order to go back and help her people and others to heal from the on going conflicts that have and maybe still are in many ways, continuing. It was difficult to listen to her because of the strong accent. But the gathering we had before she came to the states gave us all we needed to know. The questions of course were flying. She answered everyone of them with grace. Kermit Eby asked "Do you have any questions to ask of us?". "Yes, I do"she said. What a whopper of a question she had. She wanted to know when we come to her country to help, did we feel like we truly helped? Kermit said "he would like to know the answer to that one also". The response around the class was, just by being there and gaining knowledge of the struggles for basic life necessities was humbling. It is an overwhelming task to go to a country like Sudan and not want to walk away feeling like you made a markable difference. The issues are so big and so many. Any effort towards Peace, no matter how 'markable' it may be to ourselves, is always going to make a ripple in the pond. Yes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home