Wednesday, June 15, 2005

back seat of a model "T"


rollercoaster
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
One one the first rides for the girl's was to drive their first car. The old model "T". The ride of course was on a track, so I felt confident enough to let two 10 year olds take me for a ride while I take af few picture from he back seat. every ride was next to or under or on top of every other ride. I tried real hard to block the whole danger this. I wanted to ask for some daunting stories from he employees, but they were scary employees.

Kim came over yesterday afternoon in lue of the usual Tuesday evening thang. P is off to a youth camp and she had to drive him there that night. What a great church she belongs to with all their activities for their youth. We sat here at the house because I didn't have two nickles to rub together to go anywhere. I had just sent out invitations for a mom's gathering and jewlery making for the 30th. 10 mothers from Holy Cross will be coming here for a child-free evening of socializing and to learn how to make a little something for themselves. I'd be less stressed if just five would come. I reorganized my jewlery supplies while Kim and I talked for a few hours. The weather was Utopic. The temperature and constant breeze through the windows was heaven.
The pool as it turns out, was a great idea! The girls play for hours. While Kim was here, the girls were doing their water ballet dance to "the whinny" song on the radio. It warms my heart to see then play so nice together again. How could I have thought to deny them the water they love so much? simple pleasures.
Now if we can just get Dad to say quit saying "we're broke".


I finished my book "Animal Dreams". I was dissapointed. It wasn't up to snuff like the 'Secret life of Bees' and the ' Bean Tree'. But an okay read anyway. The books I have left to read are too deep for what I am needing this summer.

Other than having a Jam on Saturday, the weekend is ours, again. Father's day will be whatever Tom wants it to be. I don't think the treehouse will be foremost on his list {sigh}.

Today I play in my garden , pulling weeds and moving plants and making plans to move things for next year. Tomorrow I pitch wood chips in the parsonage garden for a few hours. It's getting to the point now thatI want to work on the parsonage garden by myself. control freak!


~All humans are frightened of their own solitude. But only in solitude can we learn to know ourselves, learn to handle our own eternal aloneness.--Han Suyin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home