Monday, June 13, 2005

No Church Sundays

This Sunday was one of many 'no church sundays'. Because of Tom's work situation, we look forward to the six or so weeks where we don't go and just be together for a whole entire day.

We went to Clear Lake after we felt the rains were no longer a threat. The beach was deserted except for an open tent birthday party for 15 girls about 10yrs old. I watched them play games that were perfectly organized by the mom's. Tom and the girls rented large yellow tubes and had a front row seat in the water to a triple tubing-boat show put on by one of the residence of clear lake. Some really great wipe outs! I took my book and read up against a shaded maple tree. The air temprature was so silky and warm, I felt so completly comfortable sitting there for a few hours reading. A cherry tree on the beach is briming full of two tone pink and yellow cherries that needed to be picked by me!!! I brought home at least a pound. This reminds me of the farmers market. Laureen and I have been going for the past three weeks now. Things are starting to peek for us avid gardners this time of year. I always find something to put it the garden pls the usual fruits and vegies. It's a garantee three hour tour with breakfast. I ordered a hosta variety I didn't have for next week!!! YAHOOEW!
I purchased some herbs and more vegetable plants that had gotten eaten in the garden by some critters. So yesterday I planted everything that was left to plant for the season and put rings of chicken wire around those plants I didn't want to loose again. I was disappointed that the lettuces didn't make it this round. I think the little rocks in the garden were too much for the tender leaves to push through. It's hard to maintain a gareden when it's not at your own home.

The family meeting was uneventful again due to poor planning on the parents behalf. Tom wants to talk about what school work was covered this past week, that always sets the kids off. Maybe I should be filling him in a bit more about the goings on with school. We'll get there. We did decide to get a pool for the back yard!! just one of those blue things you see everywhere. Meeting adjoured!!! Lord!
Time for long story night while mom goes to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home