Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Black Swallowtail (female)


Black Swallowtail (female)
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
The heat has been too much. I have been a prisoner in my own house. I did one day of repreve last week when I could open the house for one day and one night. To hear the outside sounds of nature and smell the smells was such a treat.

We have a whole passel of Black Swallowtails in our yard this year is so amazing! They are everywhere! We also have several tuffed titmouse that visit the feeders everyday including the hummigbird. (man, I have to refreshen the sugar!!)

This is where my life is now. Slowing things down in order to really enjoy the basic simple things of life. I have experienced this several times in my Life until that day when reality rears itself and says 'It's time to come back now Lynne".

What is Lynne going to do when her kids are back in school? This has been the question asked all summer. Even before summer.

Why I have to have an answer to that question now is a mystery to me. I don't have an answer. I didn't have that answer three years ago when my girls where in school fulltime the first time!

I am aware of my priorities when it comes to everything else in my life except for what I need. I thought that was just part of being a mother. But come to find out I have things backwards. I think I need to take the time to get it straighten out. Putting my needs first and everything else second seems wrong and selfish to me. But the positive results that occur when I do practice it is immeasuarble. So there is how I will be spending my time while my girls are in school. It's not like I won't have tons of this and that of daily life to take up most of my time as usual. It's just a matter of not letting it overwhelm me and keeping my eye on the prize.

~There's always room for improvement, you know--it's the biggest room in the house.--Louise Heath Leber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home