Friday, August 12, 2005

It's been too long


This is me
Originally uploaded by Naphátú.
We didn't make it out to the lake to visit with Lorine and Wayne because of the wet weather.So Lorine and I decided we would go out that night. (Thursdday) . Cindy wasn't able to go with us unfortunately.

I picked up Lorine at 6:00 at her parents house. Man! is her mom looking really old these days. I thought she quit smoking . but it was very obvious to me she hadn't. Mr. Kelsch looks the same. He hasn't changed much at all since I met him for the first time my senior year in high school. We ended up at Samaries talking and smoking cloves until 11:00. Who knew we'd have so much to talk about?

We ended up sitting in the car in my driveway that was pitched black "talking" until way after 1:00 .
While we were "talking" Tigger our cat, decided he would pay us a little visit scaring the crap out of Lorine when he jumped on top of the car. He came in-the windows and got all the loving he could out of her and left satisfied ......we thought. While the 'talking' took hold and we kicked back with my fingers tapping the top frame of my window, something fury attacked my hand and sent me screaming like a little girl, which of course sent Lorine into a hysterical laugh to the point of crying. "I thought it was a hugh hairy spider grabbing at me!" That sent her again into another uncontrollable fit. Tigger of course was out to mess with our minds, because all he really wants is to be let in and eat so he can get back out to hunt! So while Lorine continues to laugh Tigger decides that it was Lorine's turn to get padded on-her fingers that was cupping her window frame and that made her jump and leaned all the way over on my side of the car! Like that cat is dicking with us man!!! He soon retired to the back of the trunk and left being satisfied and soon bored with us.

We laughed so hard that night several times. I'm sure if I had anything that allied me , it is surely gone now. For those kind of hard crying laughs are surely healing.
Looking forward to the Jam on Saturday and the gathering here afterwards. I was hoping for another bon fire, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. Vincent and his wife and Lisa, Lorine's sister will be joining us Saturday night. Lorine finds it interesting how her siblings have been living there social lives through her over the many years when they come into town. What we have as a group of friends is in deed rare. To be able to go and come and pick up right where you left off brings comfort and security to a person. I count myself very lucky in deed to have the richness I have in my life and for my family lives. What a gift we give our children to continue this in their lives as well. ~Distance and years will not a void make for us.......

~"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

I'm sorry I won't see you today!! Must support the band member as she marches in the FunFest parade. You'll see my men, though. Have fun!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home