Monday, August 08, 2005

Rainbow briefs?


rainbow briefs
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
Well, I was on my way to church yesterday, buzzing through three lanes of traffic and out of the corner of my eye was a man, in his late sixies early seventy's; MOWING his yard in a rainbow colored speedo and nothing else!!!!

EW!

That jumped started my morning. The only thing I regret is that no one else was in the car the laughing out loud with me.

Yesterday was a congregational forum/lunch. Carol Smith was in charge of the youth to have them plan and make the lunch. That meant that everything would be Raw. Yes, raw food is all she eats. It was amazing!! of course I would love it. every dish had garlic in it!!
It was nice that she put recipes out for every dish she made. too bad I didn't pick up any copies for myself.

Church was great! The new part time pastor, Rob Miller, will bring to our church the newness and freshness it so desperately needs. I haven't felt this way about our church since Chuck Taylor was there. Chuck was also and Interm. We must be a Interm church.
By not being a sunday school teacher I can slip myself into a floating position and dabble here and there throughout th church without having any big commitment and still feel like I am contributing in a positive way.

Tom and I were hoping to steal away a few days to ourselves, but having to purchase a new computer pretty much put a stop to that. The treehouse will take up anything else we might have extra anyway. That's okay. what's four years out of our lives anyway?

Melessia from my church has had a bed and breakfast for several years. She gave me a number to call to register our home on the B&B list. It sounds like she take a third though. I don't like that. It's not like I want to be packed all the time. I think I will do my own, word of mouth advertisment for a while. maybe take on some overflow from other B&B's. It sounds like with the booming hotel growth, the overflow isn't as demaning. Which works for me. I would prefer to work with people who want B&B's only. I know I would prefer a B&B over a hotel when it would be just Tom and I. young children are not the usual for the home games. It is mostly parents of students already attending the university.


`

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home