Thursday, August 04, 2005

Spores



Originally uploaded by Naphátú.
Getting ready to open up the house for the weekend. Just in time too, Tom just finished the screen door for the mudroom. It looks like it has always been there. Wooden doors was definitely the way to go. Tom said he would not have been happy with an aluminum door. I would have to agree.

I can't seem to relax. I don't have a book to read during this down time. I'm so used to reading crap now that I can't seem to find my way back to something substantial. Maybe some ideas would be good? HELP!

after several weeks of agony and discussion with Tom about weather or not church should stay in our lives, we decided it would. I'm glad not to be on the fence anymore about this. The idea that I had to be there every week was hard on all of us because of being a sunday school teacher. Now, by not being a teacher, this will allow us to be a bit more flexable about attendance. But, of course the need is great at our church for just about every facet there is to be filled, but I will not feel responsible for seeing that they are otherwise occupied. I cannot scarifice myself anymore. I am getting no where with myself if I continue to do so. I will offer where I feel fit to give my best without question. that is all. that will be enough.

My sister-in law is looking for some kind of response to the 'we are going to be grandparents twenty years eailer than we thought' e-mail. I guess I should make an efffort and get back to them and be supportive, but to be encouraging? It's just not in me right now. It was a bubble that I didn't expect to popped.

I feel this great weight for the world being so screwed up. That there are way too many people on this earth and we keep adding to the mess the way we do. where's tthe control? It's too big .Too much. I can't wrap my head around it all when we have such preciousness in our lives that we are putting out there.

trying to keep the focus and be flexbale?

~Experiencing the present purely is being empty and hollow; you catch grace as a man fills his cup under a waterfall.
~ Annie Dillard

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

Church more on your terms...I like it. Plus I know they love you at Crest Manor. Give what you can, Babe.

As for books, I have a great fluff book for you--the Bridget Jones' Diaries books. They are light and stupid and funny. The most substantial thing I'm reading right now is HP and the Order of the Phoenix.

10:50 AM  
Blogger John said...

The gathering of Christians can be such a life giver and such a life sucker in our lives. For me it's been all about balance and simplicity. Simplicity in our lives and simplicity in the life of the church is so counter-cultural. It seems churches today want to market themselves like Nike, be a concert venue, a social club, the best educational facility for the kids, the coolest amusement park for the teens... all this while burning out volunteers and missing exactly what it is that God has called the church to be in the first place. Hang in there and practice the spiritual discipline of "being."

10:24 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Thanks John! That exactly what I intend to practice!

Peace

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home