Friday, September 09, 2005

OBEDIENT PLANT


OBEDIENT PLANT
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
A cool sweet air is coming through my front door as I sit at the computer.
Not too often do we get a breeze from the east, so I will relish in it.
The heat has returned this week. The girls school doesn't have air conditioning, so we won't be putting ours in when the tempretures reach in the high 80 and early 90's. As long as it get below 68 degrees at night it will be tolerable. The logic is not to have the girls get so use to air, that being at school is difficult because of the heat.
The dryness is severe again. I cannot water enough. I am about to give up on watering and let my nature go into hybernation. I don't particularly like dry Falls. Althought I hear the leaf colors are magnificent. But still, I like my surrounding moist and smelling of fresh decay with water in the creeks and rivers.

I was up at 4am this moring. a bi-monthly activitiy for me. Plus I have been getting up at 3:20am to pick Tom up at work . We are down to one car. So Tuesday and Wednesday nights I take Tom to work so I can take the girls to dance. With the gas prices the way they are, I think we'll try and stay that way as long as we can. Our only worry is that we have two very well used vehicles and if the one that is working goes, were screwed. Hopfully we won't get ourselves into that situation.
Tom's hours have been cut back due to the increase in the gas prices. Routes have been shorten to conserve gas. Money. So needless to say 'money' was the topic of conversation at 4:36am this morning . This particular topic doesn't exaclty promote sleep in Tom. We have a debt, who doesn't? But this is the break down:

1) There isn't anything extra.
2) And if we have needs coming up, we should
have the money saved up already for that.
3) No gray areas..... apparently, I am good at this.

So, in the meantime,
~the dog needs his yearly's @ $220.00
~I need my Gyno~$200.00+
~The chick weekend~ more $ + my sanity
~Eye appointment saturday for the whole family.
~The fridge could go anyday now.
~So could the car.

"Yeah it's ok. It's so nice.
It's just another day in paradise.
Well, there's no place that
I'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the lord every night
For just another day in paradise"

~~Phil Vassar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home