Sunday, October 16, 2005

bird bath


bird bath
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
I acquired this aged birdbath through permission given to dig up plants on a property that is to be flatened in a few weeks. All that was left was this abandonded birdbath. I took it home. You can't buy this aged look in the stores and I've been wanting one for years. My consolation for not having any plants to 'save'.

Why did I was three long weeks to finally start "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd? I started Friday night along with my reading buddy Kelsey who was reading another "Chicken Soup for the Soul" that she already finished.
I would like to share a bit of my book.


...."His car door slammed, and I felt the vibration move through the walls. ...the years between us seemed accumulated everywhere, filling the house, and it seemed strange to me, how love and habit blurred so thoroughly to make a life."

...."Where did all this sexual longing come from anyway? I used to imagine that women had a little tank they'd come into the world with, and that I had used the entire contents of mine on Hugh those first years we were together. I'd recklessly emptied it out, and there was nothing I could do to refill it. I told Hugh once that I'd gotten the quart -size tank instead of the gallon -size, that it was like having a small bladder-- some women had them and some didn't. He'd looked at me like I was crazy."


......"I was an accomplished practitioner of delayed gratification. Hugh once said people who could delay gratification were highly mature. I could put off happiness for days, month, years. That's how "mature" I was."

~Love It!

It seems that just overnight that the leaves have taken on their fall color with a vengance . Like a snap of a photo it was there when I opened the door to let Mackinaw out this morning.

There is something pushy about this season that makes me want to hibernate. withdraw a bit. Like an undertow, I should relax and flow with it. Eventually it will bring me back to the surface.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

Honey, it has been one whole week since the last time you wrote!!!!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I think your tired of seeing my birdbath!!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home