Friday, October 14, 2005

Cattails


Cattails
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
My ability to multi-task has only improved. Knowing when to 'kick it' in order to have time for myself and keeping everyone happy is ultra key to having things run smoothly and have peace. This simple life I am leading is so fullfilling these days. I feel a great sense of accomplishment with running the house and the small businesses on the side and still having free time to just be.
Am I allowed to have this?
Isn't it funny that I still think this could all be gone in a blink of an eye?

This weekend has slowed down since we decided not to go to Manchester for Tom's Homecoming. Instead, we'll finish the small strip pieces for the soffits and develop some much needed family time outside of this house.

Tonight, Amy has a sleepover at a friends, so Kelsey and I will go out shopping for clothes for her, NOT me. She is so frustrated with trying to find clothes that fit her body style. She's getting to the point where she doesn't want to go shopping at all! Sounds familiar?
I have my own personnal frustrations with that topic as well. But when my friends took me out shopping after I had purged my closet to the point where I had nothing to wear. literally!!! They had me trying on.........like..forty pairs of pants!! I was breaking out into a sweat! They just kept coming and throwing them over the dressing room door. I had to stop and ask, "Do you guys have to do this everyime you go shopping?" and they said "YES". I was shocked. I thought everyone else in the world could just walk in a pick up a size--- and back home they'd go with their new favorite pair of pants. Well, after forty pairs and chaffing on my outer thighs, I was able to come home with two pairs of crop pants that I love and fit me well. Needless to say my purging has lead me to yet another needed shopping spree with the shopping gestapo!! Lord have mercy!

This was the story that has motivated Kelsey just enough to keep trying to see if there are truly items of clothing out there for her.

~Wish us luck.