Friday, October 07, 2005

I woke this morning to the sun kissing the hickory tree

I slept like a rock last night. I had one of those head spinning days yesterday. Just busy trying to cover too much ground in a short amount of time. Normal eh? I am amazed on how well I managed to pull it off. Not that it would be something I can do everyday; not unless I had to. It's nice to know I haven't lost my ability to juggle several things at once. The key is not to loose it!! For me anyway.

Kelsey's Birthday is this week. Big plans for her 'friends' gathering which is tonight. She had a Survivor theme she found on the internet. Camouflage scarves and silicone wrist bands that say 'peace'. Teams to form and T-pees to built. Baked her own chocolate cake with chocolate chip frosting. It will be a very chilly night in the treehouse. All week has been getting into the groove of routines and collecting the items needed to make her party everything she needs, for she IS turning 13. A teenager. I'm not going to put too much emphasis on the fact that she is a 'teenager' I can't do that. There are too many negative stigmas attached to it it seems. That's my issue. I'll just roll with the punches and go along as normal, what ever that is.

One of the many things I did last night was to go to a Pampered Chef show at a friends home in an old old old neighborhood of Corrines off of Woodward. It wasn't about purchasing items to get the ultimate hostess gift. It was bout having a mom's night out. Some brought their kids with them. I personally feel they need a break from their busy days and not dragged around to every function offered but that is my thing. Makes for crabby kids and parents. What's the point?

The Halloween decorations are popping up everywhere, ever since the first of October. I don't think people should have Halloween decorations that are as big or bigger than their house! These continuous air decorations are out of control!

I am close to being finished with the necklace that has been ordered by Mrs. O'Brien. I meet with her today to 'fit' it to her measurements. She is very petite.

Making my own clasps and findings has been very rewarding. I will post the finished necklace sometime this weekend.

~I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.
~Jewish Proverb

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

Let me be the first real person to comment on your blog today. Have a great evening tonight, Lynne. It sounds like a lot of fun!! Keep those girls warm!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Thanks Annie. These ad nerd's have some nerve.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home