Friday, November 04, 2005

lovely


lovely
Originally uploaded by merelyhere.
We dug up this sweet little double trunk maple tree from the back of the woods to bring height to the north side of the garden. With so many red and white oaks with their rusy colored leaves, the bright yellow really stands out. The burning bushes never become as brillant red as they should do to location and lack of light. But the color they do bring is a lovely pink/red like the dogwoods. I'm happy for any color I get besides the oaks.

Last nights 30 mile an hour winds have covered the yard in a thick carpet of leaves. This is when the driveway can be really hard to find for the novice visitor. The poor Rody Corrine gave me several years ago has been the continued victim of those vehicles.

Went to goodwill yesterday to purchase a $25.00 volleyball for $6.00 for Amy and walked away with $40.00 worth of clothes! I only made it half way through all the racks. It can be very overwhelming. I wish I had known the 50% off sale was this saturday before I went, then it would have been an awesome bargin but well picked over I'm sure. Plus I don't want to deal with the onslaught of people.
Man do I love the goodwill. While going through the racks I was thinking that I should call Kim and make a goodwill date with her. We must go back!!!!!!


~"Bargain... anything a customer thinks a store is losing money on."
Kin Hubbard~

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

I love goodwill. Last week during 50% off, a pair of union bay cords and sweater--total 5.00. Good thing the kids love it too, eh?

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home