Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Concede, religuish & Peace



The girls wanted to decorate the Christmas tree last night. I sat in my chair drinking my coffee as the girls unwrapped years of Christmas past memories. This Santa is for our bathroom and still has the sticker on it from the Hornbeck family Christmas gathering here last year. Ron felt that this Santa was looking at him while he was in there. ~ I had to.
I sat, letting the girls take control of all the Christmas decorating of the tree and mantel with all the Christmas cha cha's we have. It was such a relief not having to take it upon myself to do it or have to do it. (religuish) They did such beautiful job!!!!

Spent most of my morning helping my foster mother unpack and arrange her home to prepare it for the onslaught of 22 family members visiting for the holidays. She has so much 'stuff'. The amount of items she has kept over her lifetime raises so many flags of emotional attachments it is almost scary. But as I get older and things of life seem to be slipping by faster and faster I find myself wanting to hold on to the items for her and for myself. I will not be in Ca-hoots with the family members this year in making fun of all the things she can't and won't let go of. We all have our emotional attachments in some form or another. (concede)

I found (peace) in the Christmas season this year. I feel it has a lot to do with letting go of expectations, wants and needs. attached to Jealousy and insecurities. The simplicities of life itself can be very freeing. I hope I can continue to hold onto it.


I found a Christmas memory scrap book that I started back in 1994. It just happens to be a beautiful Norman Rockwell Christmas memories scrapbook. This book has the stories for the trees of Christmas, Myths of Holly, The poinsettia, Christmas cards, Yule log, and hanging of the stockings. Also the story of St. Nicholas, Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus, The night before Christmas and of course the Wassil brew recipe!!! woo woo!

I would put in a copy of the Christmas card we sent out that year, recipes we love or I love, along with photos and Christmas letters. They were all placed in between the pages of memories for that year. Here are a few:

1994

~First year in our new home
~Pregnant with Amy
~Tom became a full-time feeder driver
~We bought our first Van (used of course)
~Tom got the big "V"
~Greg Clarks Father died.

1995

~Corrine is pregnant and due in January
~Amy M. is pregnant and due in July
~Elaine and Will were married
~Lisa Kelsch was married
~Lorrine is divorced
~Mike and Elieen are engaged and move to Texas (we miss you)
~Sean Pearmans Father passed away

1996

Sean Pearman's brother died (very sad year)


From there the pages were just stuff with that years Christmas letters, Photos, Deaths and marriages and never recorded. Life just got too busy to take the time.

Sorry Martha Stewart.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

Wow. We should all keep one of those. All those little kid years run together in my mind. Thanks for sharing.
A.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home