Friday, December 30, 2005




One of Tom's Christmas presents beside socks and long underwear, was a USB headphone set to use for Skype . This is a free online phone service that allows us to talk with our extended family all over, even in India, for free!!! We have had so much fun with this. If the connection isn't coming through well, you still have the ability to IM instead. I am so loving technology. I can see how one could get so wrapped up in it. Especially when it doesn't cost!! The cost of the headset has already been paid for in just one phone call to India! Unfortunately we are only confined to those who have Skype. If our friends who live out of down would down load for free, we would be able to talk to you!!! No, this isn't a plug for Skype. Just for the free factor.

New Years Eve is approaching and it is strange that there isn't any snow on the ground. The gardener that I am, I enjoy the smell of the partial thawing earth. Worms. It smells like worms. But we need snow.




I have been spending hours making chain. I practice for hours with craft wire until I feel confidant that I can move on to the silver. not there yet. I am nuts about silver. I have never been a yellow gold woman and I never will be. My next temptation is to work with Turquoise and silver.

I started squirreling away some extra cash so I can take my husband to Chicago for his birthday in January. Trying to find some decent entertainment during that month has been difficult. I think we might just have to settle for local talent and dinner. I think we can make it work. Just getting away for the two of us is present enough.

"A man must be able to cut a knot, for everything cannot be untied; he must know how to disengage what is essential from the detail in which it is enwrapped, for everything cannot be equally considered; in a word, he must be able to simplify his duties, his business and his life." --Henri Frederic Amiel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home