Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Moon

I witnessed a beautiful full, orange moon last night around 8pm. It was located in the northeastern sky. It had such a harvest moon feel to it. These are the times I wish I had that Camera with the amazing lens.

My oldest woke me up last night at 2:00am. She was having a hard time sleeping and was waking up in a cold sweat and not feeling good. Of course I felt her head to check for a fever and she was as cool as a cucumber. So the next words out of my mouth were;

" what's got you upset?"

"nothing."

"Hmmmmm?"

"Are you worried about something at school?"

"maybe."

I know she has many new things she is experiencing at school. A virus project that is due Wednesday, a Social studies test on Friday, having to take attendance all this month, take it to the office and get to her religion class on time so not to make the teacher mad if she's late, all causes some stress. Of her own making of course. But my sweet daughter feels she should already know 'how' to do everything. She is stressing out because she doesn't know how to do her virus project, or how to study for a test in social studies because her teacher might have to alter the studies sheet two days before the test, so she's not sure what to study for. Understandable.

While laying in my bed, stroking her hair and telling her she doesn't have to put herself through all this sleepless stress. Your not suppose to know how to do everything their is to be expected of you in school. It is a learning process. Don't worry about the teacher getting mad at you for being two seconds late for class. You have a job to do and your religion teacher needs to understand that and maybe she does. Stick up for yourself. You are justified. Your okay. Your normal. You deserve better. I love you.


Okay, I love the fact that I can use colored fonts!!!! Anything to improve to visual aesthetics of the old blog.

Today is cold and rainy. The perfect day to clean out the shove and slam closets!!


3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Clark said...

You found your color. Good job! And what a great picture of the moon!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

yes I did. I had to download Netscape for Mac's in order to do it!!! p-r-e-t-t-y.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Somewhere in Ohio said...

beautiful moon! Keep up the good work with your girls.... you're doing a wonderful job

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home