Friday, January 20, 2006

My thoughts and prayers are with all these links today. My heart is heavy with concern and worries for the families of my friend Howard Dukes. And Jill Carroll. Knowing today Jill could die because our government will not negotiate with terroists. I am afraid where our world is heading. It's like a big chess game of preconceived moves that will put the next country in the advantage seat. Bringing myself to read articles such as this one in The Philadelphia Trumpet on Why you should Watch Egypt and The Muslim Brotherhood Feb. 2006 issue. This aritcle brings back the same scary feelings that I experienced as a child. All the talk about building bomb shelters and hearing the tornado sirens go off and wondering if that was the siren to get into your shelters because the bomb was coming. I wonder if Egypt and it's growing Muslim brotherhood is the new bomb?

I try not to reach out and grab the negative realities of our world. But all media types makes it so hard to see the good. As I get older, the knowledge of our world becomes more of a front issue. It is very disheartening the world we are leaving our children. Is it getting easier or more difficult to promote and support peace? How could we not? The other choice is nothing but destruction. So we pass along our beliefs of a peace to come and continue chipping away at the man made mountain of ignorance and selfishiness.
I wish the sun was coming out today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home