Thursday, March 30, 2006

Just some quick thoughts from Lynne's head


~Photo by Naphatu


Out for a walk this morning then later this afternoon a therapeutic massage (wink wink). I'm looking forward to meeting the ladies at Hacienda this evening. I don't get out with the ladies very often in the evening because of the girls being in school now and my husband work hours. But we are on the cusp of spring break and I can let my hair down a bit and enjoy a margarita. I'll drink one for you Cindy and Annie. Maybe two!!!

Why I decided to write about this now, I don't know. Maybe because I was going through it and in some ways still, as it raises it's ugly head. And if so, I can figure out an alternative route to take. All good of course. A lesson in the making.

I am talking about control.

Did you know that being a control freak has nothing but unsatisfactory results in the end? every time?
Why would I want that? There is nothing rewarding about it. It's an upward battle of wills I would prefer to let slide.

The 'conrol' I do have within my personal life motivates me in creative ways. Helps to run a smooth homelife by channeling my energies in ways that have rewarding benefits.

I'm sure my ability to deal with other challenges of control as my girls grow will test me greatly. But I am grateful for some forethought on the subject now.

The circle of friends I have in my life are truly a rare blessing. I had no idea how lonely it is out there. People are starving for what I have in my life and some people are scared of it. interesting.........

~People either think I am crazy , or they respect me
~ I forgot who said this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home