Tuesday, April 04, 2006

April Fool's For who?



This was Tom's April fools joke for me. He knows how I feel about the Clown toting vehicle. The girls were involved and talked him into borrowing the Scion and making seem as though he had purchased it.
While I was driving this clown car I really didn't notice, so much, how strange it looks on the outside until we came to most of the stops. "The people were looking man! " Maybe I was a little sensitive to the thought that people would be staring, but they were! They really were!

Now the taste to get something to replace our dying vehicles has come back to bite us in the ass. We are officially on an active search for a new, gas efficient car and a monthly payment. There's not much out there in our price range.

It's scary adding another 'monthly' payment to our already very tight budget. Taking away from anything fun we might want to pursue. Our trip out west has been delayed again. We won't be done paying off our current debt before we will have add to it with braces for Amy and Catholic high school payments for Kelsey. The reality is, unless we win the lottery, we will always have some debt. It's the way life is. Not something I want to be comfortable with, but we cannot stop living because of it. But we will not be foolish either.

Oh Lottery king! Please sway our way. Just $100.000 please, so we can pay off our house and debt. Not a penny more!

I think my palm is itching.....


~"Money and success don't change people; they merely amplify what is already there."
~Will Smith

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I love the Scion! I'd've bought one (in purple) if I didn't need the hauling power of the van, really I would've.

The Chevy HHR is a cutey, too...!

(just goes to show, there's no accounting for taste, hm?)

6:27 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

True Jenn,
but the thing is......... we ended up buying one yesterday!! So here we go!!!!
Lord, help me.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home