Friday, April 21, 2006

These Brethren Don't Drink!!





While visiting the Family for Easter, Mom decided it was time to take care of some of her personal inventory to lessen the stress later (ha).
Names where put on items that were desired and old arugements of past distributions was renewed.
While in my mother-in-laws bedroom looking at years and years and years of boyscout
stuff I spied an old wooden box on the top shelf in mom's closet. There is something so charming to me about old wooden boxes. I still don;t know what I am going to do with it but I had to have it.
I expressed a desire for the box to mom and she said " you can have it and everything that is in it."
Now this is something I would expect to be said because of the need to get rid of some junk that has been laying around for years.
To my amazement the wooden box was full of BOOZE!!!!! MOM!?! Large expensive bottles of Brandy and Whiskey! Even little plane size bottles. "Mom?" I said, or more like WHAO!!!! "Yes, the deep dark secret is out!"

I guess dad would receive the booze as Christmas gifts from his tax customers as a thank you. So for years and years Tom's dad has been placing bottles of gifted booze in that wooden box on the top shelf of his bedroom closet........For what?

Well, I tell you for what! Tom would crumble under the onslaught of peer pressure and allow his friends to take sneaky sips of brandy or whiskey. Then he would add water to the bottles to make up for what was missing!!! Unfortunately I had to, or wanted to throw away those bottles that were already opened, but ended up with was these two beauties that have been aging for years!! Can we say
PARTY?






I belong to a group on Flickr where only flower photos that 'nod' are allowed. This is a Bluebell before the bloom 'Nod.'





No, I'm not giving birth to Amy again. The treehouse is where Amy and I like to hang out. There is no place to be alone when she's around. She has a keen eye and can spot you a mile away. That ability comes in handy when you've misplaced something and can't find it. She knows where everything is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home