Wednesday, May 17, 2006


Baneberry (white doll's eye's)





Reeves Spirea 'Double Bridal Wreath





CORYDALIS Yellow Bleeding Heart





'Samobor' Mourning -Widow (Geranium phaeum)

Beautiful Evelyn Hope is dead!
Sit and watch by her side an hour.
That is her book-shelf, this her bed;
She pluck'd that piece of geranium-flower,
Beginning to die too, in the glass;
Little has yet been changed, I think:
The shutters are shut, no light may pass
Save two long rays thro' the hinge's chink."
-Robert Browning
(1812-1889)





I can not remember the name of this spring bulb. Any help?








The finch feeder for Mother's Day is paying off. what a handsome American Goldfinch.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ki said...

Very elegant photos.

We also put out niger seeds for the gold finches and to our amazement many have come to feed. We use the bag feeders which the birds seem to prefer over the clear plastic ones and it saves seeds as the only other bird that eats from it is the house finch.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Thank you! and thanks for the seed info. I used to listen to the radio when I work out in the garden, now all I want to do lisen to the birds.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

Goldfinches are so pretty, aren't they? We get them at our community garden. I've been trying to get a photo of them, but they are so skittish.

Pretty photos on your blog. I like the kitty sleeping on the chair.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Hey Christa, Thank you! Yes! Goldfinches are very pretty. I was lucky to peek my head out my front door and catch this photo! A bit blurry but a keeper!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home