Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I don't believe it!

We received an inch of rain last night! Awesome. This means that some of my taller iris' will be laying on the ground and will need to be cut and placed in a vase to enjoy. I would prefer the color to stay in the garden , but I have no control over mother nature.
While out cutting the iris', which I guess, is an invitation for any Joe- smoe to stop in with his big old truck and give me a sales pitch about my roof and gutters. My driveway is narrow and the last thing I wanted was for this guy to back out and smash all kinds of stuff on his way out. When he was finished, I asked that he use the turn around in order to avoid that scenario.......Then I turned my back and I shouldn't have. I should have know that not everyone knows how to back up in a turn around and make their way without some kind of plane parking flags waving to guide them ....HELLO? Did you not see the 20 foot row of hostas in your mirror?? Not only did he run them over, he peeled out because they were wet! Did he know that he ran over all these hostas? Did he say anything?
I am heart broken. Crushed. I'm used to a hosta or two getting slighlty smashed because people insist they know how to back out. I just pull out the leaves and soon new ones will take it place, but this is so much damage!! It will take the rest of the summer, maybe!
I am officially depressed. I will try very hard not to think about it too much. I know the plants will be back next year. Just that their beauty was so short lived.

(that is not my snow fence) can we say ugly?


1 Comments:

Blogger David (Snappy) said...

beautiful hostas, you must have been gutted.I would be annoyed if a car drove over my lilac tree when they park on the front grass.They will grow back though.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home